Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why #8: Running Dysfunction

Why?

Why did I ever stop running?

After the Chicago marathon (awful heat, hours on the course, months of marathon training) I was wiped. I took off my Sauconys and was rarely motivated to put them back on. Now it is months later and I'm BACK! With very little nudging from Emily I entered a lottery for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fran in October. Hoping against hope that we are selected to participate in the marathon, but even if we aren't it is still time to start getting serious about running.

With each huff and puff of a 3 mile run (when did this get so difficult?) I hate myself for being such a running slacker the last few months. But I also feel good about myself as I push through and especially when I finish a run. It is still early days, but I feel confident that me and running are going to get along just fine.

"It's a long shot and I say why not.
If I say forget it, I know that I'll regret it." -KC

1 comment:

Emily Malone said...

nothing makes me happier than the return of Running Ritz! casey was just saying the other day that he missed our pasta dinners and saturday post-run talks and feasts.

chicago was enough to break anyone. proud of you for giving it another go! welcome back, lady!